The Church of Latter Day Saints (LDS) has been in the process of changing it’s relationship with the Boy Scouts of America for several years. These changes have affected Venturing and are now affecting Cub Scouting and Scouts, BSA programs. This discussion is intended to provide links to official announcements and other discussions.
2019-2010 Transition Timeline - June through December 2019
• BSA volunteers and professionals begin registration of Church youth who desire to continue their Scouting experience after December 31, 2019. These youth will be multiple-registered in their current Church Scouting unit and in their new Scouting unit until January 1, 2020.
• Youth are encouraged to stay actively engaged in their current Church Scouting unit until December 31, 2019. Those who desire, may begin active participation on their own in their new Scouting unit starting January 1, 2020.
Affects on 2020 district membership reports?
My comment: This transition may affect district and council membership and JTE membership reports for July 2019 - February 2020. (Not verified yet).
References and articles
- “A Joint Statement from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and
The Boy Scouts of America”, May 8, 2018
- “What you need to know about the LDS church’s announcement about its future relationship with the BSA”, May 9, 2018, by Bryan Wendell,
- “Transition Guidelines and Timeline for Boy Scouts of America and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”, December 27, 2018
- “How you can welcome families moving from LDS units to your pack or troop”, July 30, 2019, by Bryan Wendell
- “2020 Transition”, LDS-BSA Relationships Office – Boy Scouts of America, Salt Lake City, UT
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.