Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Add leaders to Pack

Hi-

I am a Committee Chair. Last year we added leaders through the paper application process. Apparently this year we are supposed to do it all online. Here’s what I’ve had people do:

I believe at some point my Chartered Organization Rep should see these folks in Application Manager, but that hasn’t happened yet. (It’s been about 5 weeks since they registered.)

Am I missing a step? Maybe it takes a while for folks to show up in Application Manager because the background check needs to be done?

Thanks for your help.
-Laura

Well if they create an account at my.scouting.org and do not enter their info they will get a NEW BSA #. COR is not going to see them unless the unit is setup to take adult applications in my.scouting.org and that person fills out an adult application. If they have been registered before probably easiest to start a conversation with council

After taking YPT, they have to apply online at beascout.org if your unit and council allows electronic adult applications. I’d suggest sending them a direct link to your unit.

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this!

I just confirmed that my unit is set up to take adult applications online.

So…they went to beascout.org for my unit and registered, then they took YPT.

And now I don’t see them anywhere - not in application manager, not in my roster.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

You will not see them until COR or COR Delegate approves them

I figured it out. I was having them register at my.scouting.org, when I should have been having them register at beascout.org.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.