Adding a second parent to scout's account - an account already exists

Getting this message when trying to add a second parent to one of our scout’s account. The search doesn’t find the account, but I don’t know the parent’s BSA number, and I’m only guessing what town is listed in the account, but I don’t know for sure.
2024-02-08_173422

“An account already exists with this email address. Are you sure you want to invite them again?” - is it safe to press OK and continue? Or will the system create an extra BSA # for that parent? I’d like to avoid yet another parent having two BSA #s.

Thanks!

The system will probably create another Scoutbook account that is missing a date of birth.

Instead, you can provide the parent with the Scout’s BSA member ID number, and they can connect themselves. To do this, they would log in to Scoutbook and go to:

My Account → My Connections

and then click on the red text like in the picture below:

Alternatively, you can contact the local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to add the parent to the Scout’s “relationships”, and the parent should be automatically connected within about 24 hours.

3 Likes

Thank you! I have forwarded your response to the parent, as well as shared the scout’s BSA Member #.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.