Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Advancement Approved in Scoutbook, Pending in IA2

We approved advancement for several scouts in Scoutbook just over a week ago. It does not seem seem to be getting updated in IA2. Those same scouts are sitting in “Pending” in IA2.

Help?

post one of the Scout’s BSA # here - we do not need name just the #

and a specific advancement you are referring to

136155537 - Apprentice

@CliffordAldrich - In Scoutbook I see no approval date on this - it is completed but not approved

Ok… then maybe there’s a Scoutbook problem. If I go to our Ship and goto Needs Approving Report - nothing shows up needing approval for the Ship. Though, it shows our Crew when I select that report, showing Crew approvals.

If I try to goto the scout directly, and goto advancements and click the “Green” Completed box, the “Approved / Recorded” checkbox is grayed out, so I can’t approve it in this location either.

first guess is cause your recharter is not processed yet (but that is a stretch) - check with council on that while I think @CliffordAldrich

i know they are working to straighten that all out. hopefully that will be fixed soon.

does any other leader see approve in SB? Can you approve in IA?

Clifford,

In Scoutbook, do you have the Ship selected at the top of the Scout’s page? What is your position in the ship?

I will have to check.

Yes
Ship Admin / Skipper

@CliffordAldrich do you have a moment for a screenshare?

yea, we can do that.

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

@CliffordAldrich the screenshare is running look at the Salmon colored Circle with a white C to find the private message at top right

go ahead and try again

might wait a day or 2 so if developers need to see it - to delete admin role

@CliffordAldrich I ended your admin and made a new one for you to see if that fixes your needs approval report - as I see the ship fine in mine