Scouting Forums


The post said the scout earned the badges in a merit badge marathon so where is the clerical error?

Correcting a clerical error is permitted.

However, the situation Hector is talking about seems to be a case where a Scout earned 2 merit badges, but doesn’t remember anything from them. This situation probably falls under Guide to Advancement section “ Once It Is Earned, It’s Earned” or “ Limited Recourse for Unearned Merit Badges”.

1 Like

Clerical error, Yes , not sure if it can be done on scout book. In the past, its been my exerience, the advancement processor had to contact the district council office and they could do it. that was the only way to change an error

Units can correct a clerical error directly in Scoutbook.

Thanks, I’m still learning scout book, wasn’t sure

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.