Any tricks to multiple into a district position?

My understanding is that district members at large can multiple register but that merit badge councilors cannot. I am not sure about charter organization representatives or council members at large (living in the district) who are listed on the district nominating committee as voting members. There are special procedures for the district chair and district commissioner, and perhaps for other commissioners. I am assuming members of the district staff (committee and unit support staff) can multiple register, but that volunteers not paying a fee cannot.

I suspect you need to have your district chair and council registrar register you in a district committee position first.

In the registration guide (2019), pp. 26, 37-38, there are functional codes for different district committee assignments. There are codes for council committee member (47) and neighborhood committee member (65).

Per the district nominating committee worksheet (form 33157 (scouting.org), 2005 printing):

District Committee Members (registration code No. 79) are not elected but are recruited by the district chairman, district vice chairman, or one of the operating committee chairs to assist with some function of the district. They are not voting members of the district committee. They are usually registered in this position because
(1) it is not currently feasible to have a committee member go through the district election process,
(2) it is not the intent of the council or district to select them as voting members,
(3) their task does not involve ongoing service on the district committee, or
(4) the Scouter has agreed to help the district with a project or limited task but does not wish to serve as a regular member of the district committee.

Chartered Organization Representatives. Automatic voting members of the district committee selected by their respective chartered organizations.

For my.Scouting tools functional roles, I do not know if district functions can be attached to a unit position. I suspect not.

posted 27 June 2021, revised 28 June 2021.