If you’re a unit admin, you can’t delete your connection until the scout is no longer in the unit. The easiest way to handle it is to remove all non-admin and non-family connections from the scout using the Connection Manager under My Dashboard → My Units → Unit Roster. Unfortunately, my old process for removing connections doesn’t seem to work correctly anymore. What I used to do was:
- Make sure all rank, advancement, awards, etc are marked Leader Approved and/or Awarded as appropriate. Make sure that the payment logs are zeroed out. (Still works)
- Click on the Scout’s name, uncheck all connection permissions, and click Set Permission. (Still works)
- Go to scout’s membership with your unit (My Dashboard → My Units → Unit Roster → Scout’s name → Memberships) and add an end date. (Still works)
- Go to your connections (My Dashboard → My Account → My Connections) and go to the scout’s connections. (Doesn’t work. No longer able to see scout’s connections, even though I still show a connection with Full Control of the scout in My Connections)
- Remove each of the other leader connections that didn’t clear when you performed step #2. Make sure you remove your connection last. **(Also doesn’t work due to no access in step #4.)
I thought that there was/is a feature request in the pipeline to “clean up” all remaining unit connections when a scout leaves a unit, but I don’t recall the status on that.