App Notification

Apologies if this is redundant, but is there going to be functionality added to the Scouting App to push notifications to users phones? I am trying to encourage my unit to use the App as an easy source for all things scouting but the notifications don’t push to the phones, so it doesn’t remind them like opening an email.
YIS,
Laura B. T22

@LauraBunch

What notifications? The app will notify of advancement changes if the user has not disabled them.

Hello @edavignon ,
We are not getting any notifications of any sort through the app for meeting or event reminders, and it would be really handy to be able to utilize the app in that way. It would allow for us to drop other means of communication as everyone seems to be very app driven. Thanks.
YIS,
Laura B. T22

@LauraBunch - that is a local phone setup to enable app notifications. I turn most of mine off save for certain apps

@Stephen_Hornak Does it provide calendar notifications or just advancement related notifications?

@jacobfetzer - that is a very good question and I am not sure of the answer to that. I would think that the app team may know the answer to that. I honestly do not recall seeing any event notifications

Mobile just provides Advancement Notifications at this time - I think it would be a major change to integrate the calendar notifications

1 Like

Yes, it would likely be a major change. I put the request in. We do not know when or if it will be worked.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.