BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Ask a question and get information on how to use Scoutbook

Regina, send an email to scoutbook.support@scouting.org. Include the scout’s bsa member number. Ask them to move the scout back to your unit and merge the other version of the scout into that one.

I’m wondering if there is a way to add council events to our Pack’s Scoutbook calendar. We have a “Pack Calendar”, but I’m wondering if there is a way to pull in council events from a feed somewhere? Or will I have to manually add each event to the Pack Calendar?

@NicoleTankovich would have to be manual for now

I’m the new cubmaster for our pack, and neither I nor our committee chair can access any of the scouts’ information on Scoutbook. We cannot even access our own child’s information. What do we need to do to correct this so we can actually begin using Scoutbook? This program has been such a disaster for our pack, we decided to maintain our Scouttrack account.

1 Like

I have a scout with two accounts that needs to be merged. I opened a ticket back in January, which was then closed and subsequently reopened. But I’m not able to get any response on the ticket when I respond to it.

The ticket is “Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-47634”.

How can I get this resolved? This has been going on for far too long at this point and would like to get this cleaned up before year end.

For Cub Scouts. When the scouts move on to the next level, say the Bears Den becomes the Webelos Den. Do the scouts need to be moved into the Existing Webelos Den Group or does the current Bears Den Group need to be changed to a Webelos Den Group or does Scoutbook have a timer that knows about the time of the end of the school year a automatically changes the Bears Group to a Webelos Group. I ask this because I want to update nexts years Webelos Den Calendar however they are still Bears. I’m guessing I just need to click the advance den button, for the group to update to the next level.

Most users use Advance Den under Edit Den too advance the den. Just enter events under their current den calendar - then when you Advance the den later the events stay with the den

Thank You! This is exactly what I was looking for.

HI, maybe was discussed on others but did not find it by searching. How can I update a MB start date so it properly reflects on the advancement report. By mistake entered wrong start and update later all dates on the MB but advancement report still shows the wrong one. Any way to fix it?

Not sure you can, I will look around - But also @HiramRodriguez I dont see why it would matter??

The personal protection date is blank in Individual History Report even though 6a and 6b have dates and Scout Rank has been earned. Please advise.

Sorry to hear that. I hope to transition from troopmaster this summer. I have same issue so I’ve contacted my council contact to understand more. I want to have things like this ironed out before involving parents.

I accidentally checked star rank complete? How do I clear it at the top level? I tried to clear the date, but it doesn’t seem to accept a blank date, it won’t uncheck.

Hi, @EricSpurgeon,

You should be able to remove the “leader approved” tick mark first. Then, save and re-enter the approval. At that point you should be able to remove the date and save.

I am in the key 3 and have added about 10 new events to Scoutbook. Most of our parents do not log into Scoutbook. How can I have Scoutbook send the event information to their email accounts?

Susan

Hi, @SusanKerpan,

By inviting people to the events, you can create a reminder email that goes out to all of the invitees. You can send an immediate reminder, schedule one for the future, or both.

You can also circulate the ical link for the scoutbook calendar so that they can subscribe to the calendar through their mail/calendar software.

Make sure you edit the event and click the manage reminders button.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to Find Son in Scoutbook

3 posts were split to a new topic: Duplicate Troops in Scoutbook