I have a parent (also formerly the Tiger Den Leader) asking me if he can get the Tiger Rank patch now. My frustration is that when COVID shut everything down, families were given the option to continue working on advancement at home, online as a group or 1:1 with a leader or to just “stop” until we knew what we were going to do next. I sent multiple emails over the spring & summer of 2020 reminding parents that IF they wanted to earn the rank badge I needed to know by July 31st so that I could document it and get them for the first Pack meeting in the fall. I even sent individual emails to families with what they needed specifically for their scout. NO ONE responded other than my Arrow of Light scouts. (Lions and Bears were already finished).
We returned to Scouting-in person in September and have had 2 Pack meetings with awards since then - but he is just asking me now. He “thought” they had everying completed before COVID but if that was true they would have received the awards at our Blue & Gold which was the last event we had before we were shut down. Do I let him say “we completed it” and give all 4 boys the patch or do I hold firm with you needed to tell me by July 31??? I HONESTLY DON’T think they finished the requirements. They have 2 adventures NOT completed - one required and one elective - according to what is entered here in Scoutbook.