Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Blue card

I was wondering how can my son get a blue card signed by his scoutmaster so he can work on some merit badges?

the scoutmaster can digitally sign it in Scoutbook

1 Like

Someone with Edit Advancement or Full Control (parent or unit leader) first should add the Merit Badge t the Scout’s profile in Scoutbook. After that, the Scoutmaster or designee should go to the Merit Badge and add a date to the Initial Unit Leader Signature field.

From the COVID-19 FAQ:

Q: Does a Scout need a hard copy of a Blue Card when working on merit badges?
No. Since the introduction of Scoutbook, the BSA has offered Scouts two ways of recording merit badge requirement completion: The Blue Card and Scoutbook. Both remain authorized methods to record merit badge work. Scoutbook is a part of the BSA Internet Advancement system, which means that entering an advancement record in Scoutbook is the same as entering it in Internet Advancement. Anyone with a BSA member ID automatically has access to a Scoutbook account through their my.scouting account.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.