BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Camping Log and other Logs

We had a scout recently transfer to another troop. His Scoutbook account was transferred to the new troop. A couple of weeks later his mom emailed me asking if I had access to her son’s camping information. Apparently when a scout transfers the only information that follows in Scoutbook is rank/advancement informaion. Luckily I had printed a report of the camping log of all the scouts just a couple of months ago and actually still had a copy of it. Is there something I am missing or does all the data other than rank/advancement go into cyber black hole?

1 Like

Was the new Troop in a different Council?

1 Like

The camping log is attached to the scout, not the unit. If the transfer was done properly, it should go with them. It sounds to me like a new scout was created instead of transferring the existing one. Can you check under my dashboard > administration > my account > my connections for the scout? If he’s there, check whether anything is in his current membership or not.

1 Like

The transfer was within the same council

1 Like

I agree it should go with the scout but it didn’t. The Scout did a transfer with the council. We received an email from Scoutbook advising the transfer confirming/authorizing him being removed from our unit going to another unit.
He no longer shows on our roster, According to him mom all the rank information was there but his camping log and service log and hiking log are all gone.

1 Like

@NelsonGoodin can you clear something up please

Did the other unit use the Transfer Tool on the Roster page? That is what it sounds like.

1 Like

I know you’re just the messenger on this. Do you happen to know where the mother is looking for the log data? If she’d like to post here, we could probably get details more efficiently.

1 Like