Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Can't add advancement or awards in one scout acct

I have one scout where I can access his account in scoutbook and view his rank advancements and awards but when I try to edit a MB or rank it kicks me back to the home page. This is the only time and only scout this happens to. I am connected and have full control. Any fixes

Take a look at the scout’s memberships. This often happens when a scout has a residual membership in a pack. If there is a pack membership, set an end date and retry the advancement entry.

@RaymondMiller2 What is the Scout’s first name? We can take a look.

His first name is Richmond.

Richmond has a hanging Webelos membership.

If you go to Richmond’s Membership page in Scoutbook, you should be able to click on it and add an end date.

I put an end date according to his crossover date and now it has unsynced him with council. I am now able to edit but I got an alert that says it wont save because it is not synced anymore. How do I sync?

go to his membership in Scoutbook and Unapprove it and save - then go back and approve it and save

I have a newly bridged Scout from our pack into our troop. He still does not have the red A with the circle letting us know we can add achievements. I contacted my council who suggested to turn on accept applications online. I have turned on the feature “adult applications online”, but there is nothing stating turn on youth applications. My new Scout still does not have the red A with the circle. We cannot add achievements. Have looked at the help section which gives some of the checks that might be missing then I contacted my council. What am I missing?

IMG_5342|281x500

@GabrielaMcKeown go to his membership in Scoutbook and Unapprove it and save - then go back and approve it and save

Still no red A. The other changes I made happened almost immediately. Should it take 24 hours?

@GabrielaMcKeown no it is instant - what is the BSA # of Scout - we do not need name

Member number: 134695718

@GabrielaMcKeown

The Scout is not registered in your troop. Until he is, you will not be able to approve advancement.

According to my council, I only needed to transfer him through Scoutbook and no need for paperwork. So what you see is that he must fill out paperwork correct?

Paperwork or a Parent or Pack leader can use a new tool

MYST Transfer tool.pdf (194.6 KB)

I am COR and CC for the Troop. Do I have the capability? I am going to try it.

you do not cause he is not in your unit - unless you are COR of Pack.

I am COR of both units.

The Council is wrong. Transferring a Scout in Scoutbook does not update the registration in ScoutNET/Akela. Some councils have a transfer form, others require a new youth application to be submitted.

1 Like

Ok. So parent can use the PDF you sent earlier to transfer her son then I would go into my.scouting to accept him? I am sorry about the multiple questions, but I am trying to understand the process and procedures.