Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Caution sign by name/reports not working

There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark next to my name in the pack roster in Scoutbook. What is that for?

Also, as advancement chair, I am unable to run any of the reports (needs approval, needs purchasing, etc) any more. I used to be able to run them but now I can’t. According to internet advancement there are awards that need to be purchased and awarded but they don’t show up in the reports in Scoutbook.

That means you aren’t registered in a unit or you are registered with a different bsa member number. Log into my.scouting.org and see if you have any registered positions listed under your profile.

Looks like I don’t have Advancement Chait listed as my position. How do I go about adding this position? I’m listed as Advancement chair in Scoutbook, why wouldn’t it be listed in my my.scouting.org account as well?

@KatieHoll under your current log in - I see no official registration history? Have you filled out a BSA Adult Leader Application?

Yes I filled it out. Perhaps it’s still pending. Once it’s approved will my position be automatically updated and I’ll have access to the reports?

After your application is processed by your council, there is a good chance that you will get a new BSA member number.

Ask your Key 3 (Cubmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) or a Key 3 Delegate to keep checking the pack’s official roster at my.scouting and to let you know when your name shows up there as registered. Ask them to check your BSA member for you. If you get a new BSA member number, you will need to log in at my.scouting and go to:

Menu → Manage Member ID

And add your new BSA member number there and set it as “primary”.

You will also want to ask one of your Key 3 or a Key 3 Delegate to use the new Position Manager at my.scouting to add your functional role as Unit Advancement Chair.

It’s worth noting that your official position will be committee member. Advancement Chair is a functional role but not an official position.

1 Like

The last published guide of positions and functional roles is at
https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Registration-Guidebook.pdf

The have been a few changes since it was published in 2019.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.