Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Change to status colors

I don’t know if there was a basis for the green, blue, yellow color scheme for status, but I’m recommending a change. These colors don’t intuitively mean anything (at least not to me). Many “dashboards” use a stoplight color scheme, and I think this would be beneficial.

Red = Completed (i.e. needs to be approved/awarded)
Yellow = Completed and Approved by a leader (i.e. approved and needs to be purchased/awarded)
Green = Completed, Approved, and Awarded (i.e. has been awarded, and don’t worry about it any more)

5 Likes

HAHH! AMEN. The colors totally confuse me too.

4 Likes

I would prefer a different symbol entirely for each stage (Colored “R” for recorded to match the checkbox quick entry, “A” for leader approved, & a checkmark or similar for fully complete/awarded). The default colors are not intuitive for their meaning. With red-green colorblindness much higher in males, why potentially make 2 of them look the same.

2 Likes

Agreed. The color choice isn’t helpful. I don’t look at it :frowning:

2 Likes