Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Chart of Accounts

Does anyone have a basic chart of accounts they use for accounting? Needing something for a small pack.

@BoyMom - this could be a good starting point, admit that it is a bit outdated but worth looking at.

My recommendation is not to over think it or create a beast of a chart of accounts that will be overwhelming and not easily transportable to another volunteer in the future.

1 Like

I found an old budget from when we were a smaller unit of around 40 scouts. The costs are 3-4 years old, so you will want to update the numbers, but I think we have struck a good balance between having enough detail to know where we spend our money, but broad enough that the treasurer doesn’t need to be a CPA to keep is straight. Sample Pack Budget.xlsx (14.9 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.