Using qualtrics to accept input to the Understanding the Churchill Plan and What It Means for Scouting does not improve communication with stakeholders, one of the key areas to be addressed in the plan. Upon submitting a comment, no feedback is provided in nearly real time and no means to discuss the merits of the proposed changes to optimize the BSA for success. Further, no rational for the 26 Proposed RECOMMENDATIONS Being Considered is provided.
This topic relates to Venturing Program improvements to increase membership and aligning the program with today’s young people.
Chart shows number of youth in BSA/ScoutsBSA Venturing crews ages 14 to 20 versus year.
There is no correlation to BSA policies to explain the drop in enrollment in the Venturing program. I surmise the free fall in enrollment is the program itself not providing what the youth want.
Much of what is posted here is taken from the forum topic Where Do You See Scouting Membership In The Next 5 Years? What Can We Do To Grow The Program? Users should copy and paste their relevant post(s) to this topic. Users should post additional Venturing Program improvements here.
Users should like a post if he/she believe that the improvement will optimize the BSA for success. This then will provide a metric to be used in implementing changes to the Venturing Program. The like count is a vote for the improvement. The more likes indicates the importance of the improvement.
This topic bears on the following recommendations
- Reinvigorate the on-boarding program for new Scout families and members - Venturing enrollment has dropped precipitously.
- Evaluate program methods and age parameters - There is a proposal to limit Venturing to ages 14-18
- Establish a volunteer corps for young adults ages 18-29 - This proposal is a new program.
- Leverage High Adventure bases in overall marketing communications strategy. - I suppose this is to promote attendance at the High Adventure bases which have a waiting list already,
- Create a membership executive position within councils focused on growth and paid on performance. - Sounds like this increases the overhead expenses of the councils.
- Transition to digital merit badge resources. - They may be talking about putting the merit badge pamphlets in a downloadable form?
Target your posts accordingly.