Using qualtrics to accept input to the Understanding the Churchill Plan and What It Means for Scouting does not improve communication with stakeholders, one of the key areas to be addressed in the plan. Upon submitting a comment, no feedback is provided in nearly real time and no means to discuss the merits of the proposed changes to optimize the BSA for success. Further, no rational for the 26 Proposed RECOMMENDATIONS Being Considered is provided.
**This topic relates to one of the Proposed RECOMMENDATIONS Being Considered namely - “Establish a fee-based structure for councils in place of BSA National collecting membership fees.”
The implications of this recommendation are but not limited to:
- Payments would be to the council and NOT to BSA National
- BSA National would not realize income until the council paid them
- All fees whether originating from the council or BSA National would be consolidated into one payment to the council
- At the councils discretion, the fees may be itemized or consolidated into a lump sum thus hiding the amount paid to BSA National.
- Given the difference between “Fee Only” and “Fee-Based” I don’t understand why there is a distinction as I can’t see how the council could be incentivized and influenced to recommend the commissioned based product except the sale of the Boys Life subscription? But maybe this would allow the council to add a fee for insurance. This might shield BSA National from liability from child abuse litigation cases.
- This would permit councils to support monthly auto payments from credit/debit cards with all the security risks if not done properly.
- Add an optional line item for donations to the council/district/pack/troop/crew/post similar to the donation to the Presidential Election Campaign Fund on the IRS form 1040.
This topic bears on the other recommendations that follow:
- Create a membership executive position within councils focused on growth and paid on performance.
- Streamline the unit rechartering process.
Users should like a post if he/she believe that the recommendation will optimize the BSA for success. This then will provide a metric to be used in implementing changes to the membership fees. The like count is a vote for the recommendation . The more likes indicates the importance of the recommendation .
Target your posts accordingly.