Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Clarification of Camping requirements

Hi all,

My daughters are founding members of an all girls troop, so Scouts BSA is new to us. I was hoping to get some clarification of the camping requirements for 1st and 2nd class. The requirements state the following:

Second Class

1a. Since joining Scouts BSA, participate in five separate troop/patrol activities, at least three of which must be held outdoors. Of the outdoor activities, at least two must include overnight camping . These activities do not include troop or patrol meetings. On campouts, spend the night in a tent that you pitch or other structure that you help erect, such as a lean-to, snow cave, or tepee.

First Class

1a. Since joining Scouts BSA, participate in 10 separate troop/patrol activities, at least six of which must be held outdoors. Of the outdoor activities, at least three must include overnight camping . These activities do not include troop or patrol meetings. On campouts, spend the night in a tent that you pitch or other structure that you help erect, such as a lean-to, snow cave, or tepee.

So, my question is this. How many camping activities must be completed to make First Class? Is it 2 for Second class and then three more for First Class (so a total of 5)? Or is it just 3 in total?

Thanks for any help you can give.

1 Like

It is just 3 in total.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.