The BSA … policy is that the home and organization or group with which the member is connected shall give definite attention to religious life.
CHARTER AND BYLAWS OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, 100-491, ©2020 Boy Scouts of America
September 2020 Revision, 46 pages. https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Charter_Bylaws_Sept20.pdf, PDF page 36, ARTICLE IX. POLICIES > POLICIES > Section 1. Declaration of Religious Principle
- BSA Rules and Regulations, 100-492, ©2020 Boy Scouts of America, September 2020 Revision, https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Rules_Regulations_Sept20.pdf
- CHARTER AND BYLAWS OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, 100-491, ©2019 Boy Scouts of America, June 2019 revision, 2019 printing - Includes DRP.
- CHARTER AND BYLAWS OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA June 2018, 100-491, ©2018 Boy Scouts of America, June 2018 Revision, 28 pages (including covers). https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/Charter_and_Bylaws_June_2018.pdf - 404 not found (2019-10-01) - SUPERSEDED
- BSA Rules and Regulations June 2018, 100-492, ©2018 Boy Scouts of America, June 2018 Revision,
- US congressional charter, 36 USC Ch. 309: BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, June 15th, 2016, as revised, as published by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel of the United States House of Representatives. – Does not include BSA DRP.
The mission of the BSA is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law
- Duty to God becoming larger part of Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, August 20, 2014, by Bryan Wendell
- About the ‘belief in God’ requirement in Scouting. October 3, 2014, by Bryan Wendell and R. Chip Turner, Chairman of the BSA’s Religious Relationships Task Force.
- BSA reaffirms Duty to God aspect of all programs through resolution adopted at 2018 National Annual Meeting, May 31, 2018, by Aaron Derr
How to nominate someone for the BSA’s National Duty to God Award, December 5, 2018, by Bryan Wendell
- “The nomination window is open from the first business day in October through the last business day in February of the following year.”
Version 2021-10-07-A Revision DRAFT