Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Den Leader badge placement/removal

I’m a new lion den leader who’s earned the “trained” badge. Noting that the den leader patch is placed above the “trained” badge on uniforms without pockets… I’ve got a question/comment about removing the den leader badge once the year is over and I’m no longer a den leader.

It seems like the “trained badge” would look weird “floating” in the middle of the sleeve once the den leader badge is gone.

1 Like

From the Training Awards section of the Guide to Awards and Insignia

Trained Leader emblem, For shirts with pocket sleeves, the emblem is worn on the sleeve pocket flap above the badge of office. For shirts without pocket sleeves, the emblem is worn on the left sleeve immediately below and touching the emblem of office for which it was earned;

It seems to me if you are not holding position for which you are trained, the trained strip should be removed from the uniform.

2 Likes

Yes. But a better solution is to get trained in your new position ASAP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why would you stop being a den leader once the year is over. Once you get the first year done, it’s a lot easier and you know what to expect for the most part. I look forward to telling my kids what to expect next year when I award them their rank at our blue and gold.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.