Detailedmbc_Download includes expired Counselors?

We are now into April and when I download the Detailedmbc_download file from ScoutBook, it includes not only all of our currently registered counselors, but also all of the counselors that expired on 31 Dec. 2020. Currently registered counselors include the badges they counsel. The expired counselors are on the list, but without any badges. I understand keeping the expired counselors in the system for a couple of months to give us time to get them re-registered. However, it is now into the fourth month, and they are still there. At what point can we expect to see counselors that didn’t renew drop off the ScoutBook system?

1 Like

I’m looking into this

Bill Nelson, Scoutbook User Advisory Council

This is because of the rechartering extensions. They should drop off at the end of April.

Thanks Bill,

I thought that might be the case, but wanted to check. I forget exactly where I saw it, but somewhere in the ScoutBook documentation, it says that counselors that expire normally don’t drop off the list for two months, to allow time to process their renewals. However, these have been hanging around for over 3 months and I wanted to check to make sure something wasn’t missed. It might be a good thing to mention on the ScoutBook status page that the removal of lapsed counselors has been extended from the normal 2 months to 4 months.

I appreciate all the time and work you put into helping us out.
Greg

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.