Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Duplicate Scoutbook User ID

yeah that didn’t work, I get "failed to add Member ID. UL User not found for any of the BSA id’sI put in.

@KevinBarreiros Here’s what I recommend: Cycle through your BSA member numbers, and make each one “primary” for 24-48 hours. After you have cycled through them, then all of your training should be synced up.

After that, I would recommend that you contact you council and ask them to merge / retire the other two BSA member numbers. We can help merge Scoutbook accounts. We cannot merge / retire BSA member numbers.

Jennifer you are being extremely helpful…I am now seeing the 3 accounts in the my.scouting.org and that I can remove them.

I will do as you said before I start removing them. I will verify that the member ID 6040302 shows all my training (really only worried about the YP) then I will start removing the others at a later time.

Thanks you so much again for getting this straightened out.

Thanks so much Donovan!

Thanks for clarifying Marris!

Scott H.

I have one scout in our roster twice. Only one is linked to BSA. That one has him as a Webelo and no den. It also has his father linked. BSA Member# 13785920 User ID#11791978. That one is the one we need to keep. We need to delete the one in Den 3 (No BSA, User ID#11792016) and then move the other one to den 3. Can you help.

@KeithCoffee I removed the duplicate Scoutbook account.

It would be better if a Pack Admin could go to the den page and use the “Reassign Scout(s)” button to move the Scout into the den.

Hi Jennifer
I am a Admin. Your hint helped. I went into Den 3 and used the “Reassign Scout” button and invited the scout into the den. This was strange because, as I mentioned, one profile already had him in Den three but in the Den page it didn’t list him. Once I invited him, it updated and merged the two profiles so that now our pack roster only shows him once and in the correct den and linked to BSA.

Thanks.

I have a parent who can’t log into scout book and see her kids info. Looking into it she has two different user IDs could this be causing the problem. My.Scouting ID is 13801066 and scout book id is 11719498.

Charles,

This is fixed. She should sign in to Scoutbook with her my.scouting.org ID and password.

thank you. The same ID is unable to connect to her other scout. Her kids BSA #s are137151267 and137151264. She shows pending connection for ID# 137151264.

@CharlesVaughn Try re-setting the parent’s connection to the Scout.

1. A Pack Admin can do this by going to the Scout’s Connections page in Scoutbook.
  2. Click on the parent’s name.
  3. Make sure that the box is checked next to “Parent / Guardian”
  4. Click the Update button.

This should fix her pending connection to her Scout.