Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Earning a Cub Scout rank before year's end

In the “Guide to Advancement 2019”, page 18, it states when a scout earns a rank in Cub Scouts, the rank should be awarded at the next pack meeting.

I currently have 2 scouts in my wolf den that have completed the minimum requirements for the rank of wolf. I’ve been told if they get recorded in Scoutbook as having been “awarded” the wolf rank it will prevent them from earning new adventure loops. Is this true?

1 Like

That is not true at all

1 Like

@MarkAndrzejak, that is completely false and is not based in reality.

1 Like

I tested this in Scoutbook today (just to be sure there were no unintended consequences due to code changes). Jacob and Peter are correct.

2 Likes

@JenniferOlinger, I wish I had thought to say that to save you the trouble. I’ve done it in real life lots of times.

1 Like

@PeterHopkins. No worries. There were recent changes to the code for Cub Scouts, so I thought I would test again just to be sure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.