Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Edit Adult Leader Positions

I have Pack Admin rights and also am Key 3 (Cubmaster), but can no longer administer adult leaders. We have a number of parents and other adults who have left the pack, and I need to end their positions. As well, I need to add and change the positions of other adult leaders. I am pretty sure that I used to be able to make these changes (the Adult Leader profile names would be in Red like the scouts names, and I could click and make changes). However, as of recently I do not seem to be able to access Adult Leader profiles. Was their an update recently to change this? If I cannot administer adult leaders, whom do I contact to make these change?

If you go to your positions, do all of your positions, current and past, have a green shield by them?

Lloyd,

You had 3 Scoutbook accounts. I have merged them so there is only one remaining. Your admin role looks correct. Please try again.

1 Like

Still can’t administer adult leaders.

Yes - they all have a green shield. I still can’t administer adult leaders.

Lloyd,

Click on your name on the roster (not from My Dashboard) then select Lloyd’s Positions. Select Pack Admin, check the I agree box then click Update without changing anything. This sometimes resets things.

I am having a similar issue I went into the roster clicked on the individual and there is no option to change their role to a pack admin or any other leader position. I need to add an adult as a pack admin and cannot find where to do so.

As @edavignon noted, there is a path-specific process to “restore” your own Unit Admin position (assuming that you are already a unit admin), then you should be able to do so. I just had to do the same thing myself.

scoutbook.scouting.org → My Dashboard → My Units → Pack/Troop #### → Roster → Your Name → Current Positions and Roles → Pack/Troop Admin → Uncheck then recheck Position Approved → Click Update → Return to Roster

By “path-specific”, one must get to “Your Name” via the preceding steps exactly. It’s not completely clear (to me, anyway) why this matters, but it does.

I can’t click on my name on the Roster, because like every other Adult Leader, I cannot click on them either. Something has happened that will not allow me to select any adult leader (incl myself) and making any changes.

I just followed these directions EXACTLY and cannot click on myself - nor any other adult. Whereas the kids names are all in maroon (and I can click a name and enter their profiles), all adult names (incl my own) are all in gray/black and won’t do anything when I click them.

Lloyd,

Please log out then try again. I have ended and created a new pack admin role for you. Make sure you are logging in with lthyen followed by your 4 digit year of birth.

I am having this same issue. I get to the roster and cannot click on any of my leaders to make changes and I am admin as well.

I logged out, took the extra step to close all browsers (am using Chrome) and logged back in using above referenced credentials. No change, same issue. still can’t access adults.

@HarleyLong Not happy you’re having this issue, but glad I’m not alone…!

@LloydThyen do you have a moment for a screenshare?

@DonovanMcNeil YES - how would you like to do this> zoom?

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

1 Like

@LloydThyen I am right there with, just glad it is a current issue. If you all could post the resolution so I can try to fix ours as well that would be awesome.

We are having the same issue. I have a leader who was the admin of our pack and a den leader. I am unable to add him back as a leader (Philip Traugott). For some reason he was removed from den leader and pack admin.

@EricLipa I cannot find any current registrations for Philip Traugott. Please contact your local council.