BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Editing a Scout's date of birth

I just noticed that the date of birth for one of our Cub Scouts is incorrect in Scoutbook. When I tried to fix it in the edit profile component, I was unable to do so. I am primary administrator.

Hi, @ElaineGiacomo,

Does the date in Scoutbook match what’s on the official roster at my.scouting Member Manager? If so, I believe you need to have either your registrar or BSA Member Care correct the official roster first. Then, send an email to scoutbook.support@scouting.org to correct the date in Scoutbook. I believe these are the steps we followed for a similar case.

If it’s just wrong in Scoutbook (i.e. is correct at my.scouting Member Manager), then you can just email scoutbook.support@scouting.org with the scout’s name, BSA ID, your unit number and council, and the correct birthdate. Make sure you let them know it’s correct on the Member Manager listing. I know that’s what I did for two of our scouts who ended up wrong somehow.

@CharleyHamilton is right - that is an email to Scoutbook.support@scouting.org - and have them also Check the data in AKELA to see if it is wrong there - which I would suspect

Thanks, Charley! I think the problem goes back to the official roster, so I will contact our registrar. I really appreciate your prompt response. Yours in Scouting. Elaine Giacomo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.