Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Emailing Under Scoubook

I am a Scoutmaster for our Troop. I have complaints from other leaders about the inability to email the entire Troop through Scoutbook. I seem to have the permission to do so, which is of course invaluable, and other leaders need the same permission, especially our Merit Badge Counselors.

What needs to be fixed? Leaders already have full control under permissions for all of our Scouts.

Thank you.

If a leader is connected to all Scouts with View Profile or higher, then that leader should be able to e-mail other people in the troop using Scoutbook’s messaging system.

Are the merit badge counselors leaders within your troop?

Thank you Jennifer, yes the MB counselors are leaders, the one currently having a problem is a Committee member.

OK, try this:

1. Go to the Troop Roster page.
  2. Click on the name of the committee member.
  3. Click on the Committee Member position.
  4. Click Update.

That might fix the issue.

1 Like

Okay I gave that a try, I will now contact her to see if it works!

Something else that might help: ask her to clear her browser cache and cookies. Sometimes that helps.

2 Likes

Jennifer, this information was great. All good. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.