Extraneous Stuff in Scoutbook

How do I turn off all the extraneous graphics and infographics from Scoutbook? For example the Events pages have a bold, prominent display of the weekly weather forecast. This takes up WAY to much space on my PC and on my smartphone. This needs to be turned off. I can easily get the weather other places. I just want the information pertinent to the event.

1 Like

That’s not a user-adjustable feature. As far as I can tell, it’s embedded directly in the system.

1 Like

I guess Scoutbook is a good example of “You get what you pay for”.

@CharlesNash - mind you these are features that users had asked for in the timeline of scoutbook.

2 Likes

Could Scoutbook at least offer a Settings section in each user’s Profile that would allow each user to customize their view and turn off this type features?

1 Like

@CharlesNash - I would suppose you could present your desired user outcome including all things that you wish removed as a new feature request. I would suggest that you be as specific as possible on each page for things to be toggled off or on.

1 Like

Seemingly a lot of people. People who don’t know how to get their weather from any number of other sources.

1 Like

@Christopher.Schuster - I get that but back 5 or so years ago…features like that were added. That is why I suggested a list that @CharlesNash could put together and submit. I personally favor a streamlined interface… others not something they worry about.

1 Like

Oher complex software tools usually have a user settings page where they enable or disable features. All the web browsers have this and the Thunderbird email also has extensive user settings. The first development effort would be establish this setting page. Choose a small set of features like this weather display and implement user settings for them.

The weather information was added before the BSA purchased Scoutbook and no changes have been made to it since. I suspect the BSA will not entertain changes to it until the calendar system is replaced.

1 Like

The weather portion was added 6 years ago as an aid to event planning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.