Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

First Class Requirement 7

Has anyone come up with a way to satisfy requirement 7a and 7b in First Class during Covid?
|7a.|Demonstrate bandages for a sprained ankle and for injuries on the head, the upper arm, and the collarbone.|
7b

• Transport a person from a smoke-filled room
  • Transport for at least 25 yards a person with a sprained ankle.|

video with family members for each - easy

6 Likes

I am echoing using a family member.

If that is not possible, say family member is in a wheelchair, I would take a verbal explanation done via video chat with Q&A.

Using a family member is the best option. I disagree with taking a verbal explanation. The requirement says demonstrate not explain. We cannot change the requirement. Even in COVID.

4 Likes

Agree completely. The BSA Covid FAQ shows the areas at each rank where flexibility is allowed and all of requirement 7 is not listed:

BSA COVID-19 FAQ

There really is not a lot wiggle room with 7a and 7b. These requirements are designed to be demonstrated.

1 Like

Totally agree- video demonstrate with family would be how I would approach this one. You potentially could possibly demonstrate using a mannequin via video link?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.