Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Health forms and what is an “activity”

So quick question. I was under the impression the form A & B is needed for events less than 72 hours. It states needed for “Scout activities”, not just weekend camping. So is a troop weekly meeting considered an activity? I understand service projects or hiking, but would a troop weekly meeting or a PLC meeting considered a Scout activity? Only ask because a notice just went out to the troop that not having a current health A & B as of a certain date, your Scout can’t attend troop meetings.

@JosephFlynn1 hard to say as we are not in your troop committee meetings? maybe they instituted a policy to encourage getting the forms in? Talk to the Key3 perhaps

2 Likes

In principle, a medical emergency could occur at a troop meeting, so I can see a reasonable interpretation being that every person attending (not just Scouts!) needs to have a current AHMR Part A & B.

3 Likes

My troops have the policy: need the AHMR with at least A&B even for scout meeting - (Exceptions for visitors and new scouts for a a little while).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.