BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

How to add Firem’n Chit Award to my Scouts?

Good evening, folks. I don’t see any way to award the Firem’n Chit to the Webalos in my Pack. It’s not in the list of awards or Adventures. Thank you for any help you can provide. Thanks.

The Firem’n Chit is a Scouts BSA award for older Scouts.

There is a place in the Webelos Den Leader Guide (Castaway adventure) where it says:

Review the Firem’n Chit Award information (see Meeting 3 Resources). Do not award the card or
patch, but tell them this is something they can earn when they join a troop.

1 Like

Thank you, but they have already earned the award. I was just trying to mark it as such in Scoutbook but it is not listed.

1 Like

Webelos are not eligible to earn the Firem’n Chit award, this is why there is no place to record it in Scoutbook or Internet Advancement.

2 Likes

Hi, @JasonZimmerman1,

Webelos are not eligible to earn the award, only youth at the troop level are eligible. From @JenniferOlinger’s link above:

2 Likes

Ok, thanks again. I’m going to assume then the Den leader gave me the incorrrect award to record. :thinking:

1 Like

If I had to count the number of times I’d done that to my Advancement Coordinator as a DL… :grin:

2 Likes

As Advancement chair for my pack all I can say is been there done that. I suspect that the award they may have earned was whittling chip. It is funny once you step and look at the request.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.