Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

How to get Scout connected to CORRECT account after merge

Hello Scouters! Hope all are happy and healthy. Several weeks ago, we were having trouble with my son’s Scoutbook accounts showing 2 different account numbers. Several helpful folks and many frustrated posts finally go the accounts merged. Yay! However, my son was actually connected to his “old” account, and now we cannot connect him to the new and corrected one. How can he sever his connection to the old account and link to this new one? There is not even a link for me to “invite” him to it. He is not able to email other Scouts or adults using Scoutbook and none of their emails go to him which is a challenge during Shelter in Place. Thank you!

@AllisonSorg - is your connection to him shown as a parent as well as leader ?

You are also connected to the correct account as an adult leader, correct? Try resetting your parent connection by going to his [Scout]'s Connections page, click on your name and Update. (You might need a Troop Admin to do this for you.)

After that, if the invite Scout button still doesn’t show, then I think you will have to send an e-mail to Scoutbook support at:

scoutbook.support@scouting.org

Please include as much identifying information as you can (Scout’s full name, BSA ID number, troop number, council name, etc.)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.