Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

ILST Module 3 Materials

Is there an alternate source for the new format ILST Module 3 materials? I’ve sent a couple email messages to the listed gmail address with no response. Thank you!

Unit leaders interested in offering this new Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops and Crews can contact ils2020materials@gmail.com to request the directions, PowerPoint, and Script for Module 3.

Are you looking for the module 3 script material or the Zoom instructions, or both?

View Instructional Overview (October 2020)

Unit leaders interested in offering this new Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops and Crews can contact ils2020materials@gmail.com to request the directions, PowerPoint, and Script for Module 3.

Overview extracts

Instructional Overview (September 2020) Online & Virtual Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops

WHAT IS ONLINE & VIRTUAL?
… The third module is a virtual online component that allows the Scout to take the lessons learned in modules one & two and discuss and interact with adult and youth leaders in a virtual environment. …
ABOUT THIS COURSE
… The script provided for module three does not need to be followed verbatim since every troop is different. Facilitators can review the script material and adapt it to their individual troop’s needs, provided they include all relevant points of information. …

• MODULE THREE—LEADERSHIP AND TEAMWORK incorporates two facilitators in a virtual environment (i.e. Zoom) and follows a script designed for approximately one hour of face-to-face instruction. Individual components include:
    • Team Development and Characteristics (10 minutes)
    • Group Decisions (10 minutes)
    • Leadership Styles and Tools (15 minutes)
    • Ethics and Values (10 minutes)
    • EDGE Method (10 minutes)
    • Conclusion (5 minutes)

The rest of the overview is a guide on how to setup and use Zoom.

I’m looking for the PowerPoint, script, and since they say to ask for the directions, those too. The directions may just be Zoom instructions, but those are available online so I’m not sure why they would say to request them.

In case it helps another Scoutmaster, I found the Module 3 materials through a Garden State Council website:

I’m still puzzled as to why these aren’t hosted on scouting.org and why the listed point of contact email address appears to no longer be monitored. Let the training begin.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.