Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Importing a file

I am trying to Import pending awards from Troop Webhost, When I log into IA 2.0 It doesn’t allow me to click on import file ???Help

@VincentRuffino - i certainly see the import file and when clicked wants me to pick a file:

Are you perhaps on a phone or tablet ? I would have to check that next.

On my Android tablet I do not see the import file option.

What is your role/position in what type of unit.

Stephen - I am Advancement Chair . I am on my Desktop Pc. I had this problem last time as I was not put as a key 3 member , however that was corrected , but here I am again…

@VincentRuffino - advancement chair is not a key 3, but rather a role designed by the key 3 adding you to that role in my.scouting.org. I that upload present if so what happens when you click on it.myst

roles

@VincentRuffino Log in at my.scouting.org (my.Scouting Tools), then:

1. Click on the Menu button in the upper left
  2. Click on My Profile

What do you see listed under Active Positions there?

How l can an Advancement Chair who does advancements for the troop not be a key 3 . Never had a problem prior to switching to 2.0 , last Jan had the same problem , I thought it was fixed. Who can correct this ?

Assistant Scoutmaster

@VincentRuffino - the key 3 are:
Troop:
Scoutmaster
Charter Org Rep
Committee Chair

period…

2 Likes

They Key 3 for a Troop are the Scoutmaster, Committee Chair and Charter Org Rep.

Any Key 3 member can log into my.scouting.my.scouting.org, go to Organization Security Manager and designate you as the Advancement Chair for the unit.

Ok great , So how will I be able to import the file for advancements ?

Is this a one time entry ?

Unless the Key 3 sets an earlier expiration date, it will last until your charter expires.

Key 3 for a unit is a BSA term that means:

• Unit Leader (Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, Advisor for a Venturing crew, Skipper for a Sea Scout ship)
  • Committee Chair
  • Chartered Org Rep.

Any of a unit’s Key 3 can designate other registered adults in the unit in certain functional roles such as:

• Key 3 Delegate (each unit can have up to three)
  • Unit Advancement Chair

The functional roles expire at the end of each year and have to be redesignated.

So this was just emailed to me from my District guy . From what you see here , I should have access to IA 2.0 and upload advancements ? yes or No ?

@VincentRuffino Yes, it looks like you should be able to access IA 2.0, because your functional role is Unit Advancement Chair.

You should be able to see your own positions at my.scouting.org (my.Scouting Tools) by logging in there, click on the Menu in the upper left corner, then click on My Profile.

Well I cant …LOL

@VincentRuffino - could you post some screen shots from IA2 as you see it as that may help here:

Advancement Chair has never been a Key 3 member. You need to contact one of your Key 3 members and have them update your info in the my.scouting.org membership manager.

1 Like

The import function is grayed out , cannot import the advancement file. Also When I click on a scout , the option to click onl alll the scouts is not available as well.

My active position is Assistant Scoutmaster only