Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Incorrect Name on Online App. How to change?

A parent mistakenly entered her name where her son’s name should be. How can I change to the correct name?

You could cancel the application and make them start over. Otherwise, contact your council registrar after it processes.

1 Like

The parent ends up with a member ID as well. You can self-service update name from profile if the my.scouting.org account is linked up to the member ID.

@brantgurga I don’t see where I would change the spelling of my kids’ names. Can you elaborate?

Ah, if it’s the kid’s name, I don’t think the parent could change that. I misread the original post and thought the parent’s name was entered wrong. If it’s the child and it gets processed, registrar is the best option I can think of.

1 Like

Contact the council registrar or when you recharter you will be able to change the name then.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.