BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Individual Internet Advancement report

In the old IA program you could print out a advancement history report on an indiviualscout showing every rank and MB he has warned. How do you do that in Scoutbook IA ?

1 Like

Click the Scout you want > Go to Run Report > Advancement History > Choose Time Frame and run

2 Likes

@NormanQuick - dang it… Donovan beat me to it.

2 Likes

I noticed that instructions for this task doesn’t seem to be in the IA wiki at https://help.scoutbook.com/article-categories/advancement-quick-entry-internet-advancement-update/, at least not under somewhere obvious. It would probably be helpful to add to the list of things to include in the next documentation updates.

1 Like

Thanks. This works great for an individual scout, but what if I want to create for a group and want individual reports by scout. Do I need to produce one at a time?

1 Like

at this time yes - maybe in the future - I think we have asked for the Scouts BSA History Report to be added to IA2

1 Like

Ugh. We have an annual parent meeting this weekend and have traditionally handed them their scouts record. Any thoughts?

1 Like

have a k3 log into Scoutbook.com and get them from there

1 Like

Thanks. I am the TCC, but have never used Scoutbook. I hunted around a bit and what I am looking for isn’t obvious. If it should be can you point me in the right direction.

1 Like

Go to Unit Page > Reports > Individual Advancement Report

1 Like

Unfortunately only one Scout appears. Happens to be on that is in the “Scout not in a Patrol” list

1 Like

Weird, @PeterBoyle. And you’re logging in to Scoutbook with your my.scouting credentials, right?

When I go to My Dashboard -> My Units -> Troop Reports -> Individual Advancement Record, I get a list of every scout, both those in patrols and those not yet in patrols.

1 Like

As you will see below, only a single scout is available for selection. We have 50 registered.

1 Like

I trust that you’re seeing what you say you’re seeing. That’s why it was weird.

In Scoutbook, can you go to My Dashboard -> My Units -> Troop Roster, then click on your name. Once you’re there, click on your CC position, then click the big red Update button? If you are separately listed as a Troop Admin, do the same thing there. It kinda sounds like your connections got fouled behind the scenes. Happens to folks periodically, and I know the developers are still trying to sort out exactly why.

1 Like

Charley, worked perfectly.

1 Like

Huzzah! Score one for rebooting Scoutbook…

1 Like

One last question, they format differently than the ones we used to be able to run from the old advancement site, correct?

1 Like

Slightly - ones on old AI were ancient - these are only antiquated

1 Like

I believe that’s correct. For example, the Individual Advancement Record reports don’t show the BSA ID. If you need that, check out the format of the Scouts BSA History Report available from:

My Dashboard -> My Units -> Troop Roster -> scout’s name -> Reports -> Scouts BSA History Report.

I’d really love to see the unit-level reporting interface updated to provide tickbox access to generating the Scouts BSA and Cub Scouts History Report for multiple scouts at once. [wanders off to go submit a feature request…]

1 Like

I would like to see a more concise report with simply completion dates for the ability to run summary or detailed. I have taken too much of your time so thanks for now.

1 Like