This topic is an academic exercise for various reasons noted below. NOTE: that how structure information is interpreted may be affected by differences in spoken and/or non-spoken used for communicating the information.
- Canada: See Scouts Canada’s Policies, Standards and Procedure link below.
- United Kingdom: In the United Kingdom they have sponsors for scout groups instead of chartered organizations for units. For details see The Scout Group | Policy, Organisation and Rules link below.
United States: The Boy Scouts of America is in the process of restructuring.
- BSA scouting overseas: If you are Scouting in a Boy Scouts of America scouting program overseas, contact your local council for information and assistance.
- WOSM Regions | World Scouting
National Scout Organizations (each operates independently)
Boy Scouts of America in the United States of America
- Scouting Programs: Cub Scouting - grades K-5, Scouts BSA 11-17, Venturing 14-20, Sea Scouting 14-20, Exploring 14-20, STEM Scouts 14-20.
Scouts Canada in Canada – en Français
Scouts Canada’s Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Scouting Programs: Cub Scouts 8-10, Scouts 11-14, Venturer Scouts 15-17, Rover Scouts 18-26
- Scouts Canada’s Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Scouts in the United Kingdom
- Boy Scouts of America in the United States of America
There may be differences in how the policies and rules of the same national scouting organization are interpreted due to differences in the scouting program language.
2021-09-17 Discussion split. Moved to
How national scouting organizations and intra-national communications and/or structure may or may not be affect by:
- Communication language used
- Laws in other countries are not the same as those in the United States of America and its states and territories. So this post is an academic exercise about finding international Scouting information.
- Natural Disasters
- Damage from natural disasters in 2021 is affecting the population migration and the(calculation of Scouting Total Available Youth, facilities, available electrical power.
- Is affecting availably of people and equipment.
- Requires more virtual activities and are being impacted by natural disasters.
The World Factbook provides basic intelligence on the history, people, government, economy, energy, geography, environment, communications, transportation, military, terrorism, and transnational issues for 266 world entities.
About the Big 6
Formed in 1996, the Big 6 Youth Organizations are an alliance of leading international youth-serving organizations that include: World Alliance of Young Men’s Christian Associations (YMCA), World Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA), World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM), World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), and The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation. Together, the Big 6 Youth Organizations actively involve over 250 million young people and more than a billion young people during the last century.
Version 2021-09-17-C DRAFT