Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Internet Advancements 2.0

Once Again I cannot upload anything into IA 2.0 …I am Advancement Chair for years . Every since they switched to IA 2.0 I have issues. How can I found out if I am a Key 3 member…Who can I talk to in person? I am getting sick of this. Running my own business and spending 10 hours a week in Scouts as ASM and Adv Chair I expect to be able to do my job. Someone Help…

@VincentRuffino - The key 3 of the unit in your case would be the Committee Chair, Scoutmaster and Charter Org Rep. They should be able to log into my.scouting.org and verify that you are assigned as Advancement Chair in the Organization Security Manager. They may also want to add you as a key 3 delegate.

1 Like

Stephen , Thanks you helped me last time. How can I view if I am a Key 3 delegate ?

Log in to my.scouting.org. Click on the down arrow next to the silhouette on the right of the screen then select My Profile. Scroll down to Registrations. The bottom section of Registrations is Functional Roles. If you are an advancement chair or Key 3 Delegate it will be listed there.

2 Likes

this is what i see

Functional roles at my.scouting such as Unit Advancement Chair (UAC) and Key 3 Delegate (K3D) automatically expire at the end of each charter year. It looks like your unit’s charter year ended on 9/30/2020.

One of your unit’s Key 3 (registered Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) will need to re-designate you as UAC or K3D by using the Organization Security Manager at my.scouting.

Thank you …Is this something that has be done manually ?

Yes, one of your troop’s Key 3 (Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) needs to:

• Go to the Organization Security Manager and
  • Designate you as Unit Advancement Chair or Key 3 Delegate

Also, the functional roles like Advancement Chair get reset every year, so one of your Key 3 members has to manually update them every year after rechartering.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.