Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Issue with Parent Login being associated with Troop

We are in the process of connecting all our Parents to our Troop and I am the Troop Admin. I invited my wife the other day. She was already in the system with a different email so I changed it 1st and sent the invite. It didn’t go through, so we did the Forgot username link from the Scoutbook login and it logged her in. We updated her Profile, it shows the Scout she is connected to, etc. However, it is not associating her with the Troop. When I go back in Scoutbook under my login she still shows as pending.

sounds like 2 accounts - what is the BSA#?

126892185…

what are the emails?

what do you mean “not associating with unit”

Under my SB login, when I look at the Troop Roster under my son’s name both parents are listed. Her record shows "last invited’ and when I click on her record it shows her as Pending, Send Invite Again, etc. However, I can clearly login to Scoutbook and My.Scouting.org with her email and password and see our Scout, but she doesn’t see the Troop data anywhere.

ok I am going to remove the connection and set it up again

ok log out and log in and take a look

Just to add, when I try to test sending a message under her SB login, she gets the message “In order to use this page you must be part of an active pack or troop subscription.”

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

I am also a Troop Admin and having trouble with a new parent (to our Troop) trying to get connected to their Scout. I could see that their invitation was pending so I deleted it and resent, but when I did I could see that the person was actually registered in SB (had a photo and everything). They say they don’t have access to the email that is connected to their account and don’t recognize it and just need it changed. Is there any way to fix this without contacting our council as the Member Care instructs?

@StaceyBrewer I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

I have a parent ID# 136922139 who must have 2 separate accounts, because she took YPT in one account, but her connection to our troop is different - she is unable to aMember Coordinator with Key 3 Delegate/Troop Admin access - she is supposed to set everyone up, and check on YPT training etc. Her YPT is in the other account, her access to edit is in the one that is linked to our account. How can we merge the 2 accounts or delete one without losing what the other account has and help her get logged into whichever account that turns out to be? She can log into the one with YPT - but not the one with the security access needed. Thanks!

@StephanieJarnigan Step 1 is to have her log into my.scouting, go to the manage member ID tool and add the ID that you see her registered as. Then, make that other one primary. Once she waits a day, the YPT should be on that one.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.