BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Journey to Excellence

I am working on the 2019 JTE and I am using the 2019 worksheets. My unit recharters at the end of March. In the set up page I did enter March 31, 2019 for the recharter date.
The question I have is for number 2 “Building Boy Scouts” what recharter information do I use 2018 or 2019? The 2019 numbers seam to work better with the data for this years JTE points.
Thanks

Mine doesn’t expire until 12/31/2019 so I will use all of 2019 data. For yours, I would use data from April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019.

JTE is a calendar-year-based award. Please read the 2019 JTE troop scorecard. How to measure objectives is on page 2 of the scorecard.

For #2 “Building Scouting: Recruit new youth into the troop in order to grow membership” the measures are:

The troop has a growth plan, and conducts a formal recruiting event. On December 31, 2019, the troop has an increase in the number of youth members as compared to the number registered on December 31, 2018 A membership growth plan template can be found at www.scouting.org/membership. The troop has an up-to-date pin on the “Be a Scout” website

Your unit commissioner should be able to get the number of youth registered in your unit on 31 December 2018 for you from your district membership chair, district executive or council registrar. (I think my.Scouting Member Manager only shows current membership.)