Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Kayaking Patch

My daughter received the Kayaking Patch. The guidance is that it is not to be worn on the uniform but to be worn on the left leg of the swim trunk. How does this translate to females? I had seen that it can be worn on the back of the merit badge sash but not on any official website.

Thank you,
Corey

good one for national - my son’s Snorkeling is in a drawer

1 Like

When I was in Girl Scouts, a million years ago, we put the polar bear swim patch on the left lower side of our swim suits, just above the leg. Might be a good location.

1 Like

Even for boys, swim suits don’t last long if used in pools. My thought is to sew them on a beach towel. If one was really into aquatics, you could have 3-5 of these in a couple of summers (kayaking, snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding, mile swim, etc).

Another good one for national is why the “Stand Up Paddle Boarding” is 3" instead of 2". It seems like whom ever put the order in didn’t realize that it should be the same as the other aquatics awards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.