BSA Web Links - Training Validation tool not working

Training Validation quit working for me.

Two days ago, I could login to my.Scouting, go to Legacy Tools > Training Validation and input a BSA id# and get a listing of the training for that number, plus the person’s name.

Today, I do the same procedure and get an error message.

Did something change to break this feature?

Server Error in ‘/TrainingValidation’ Application.

Cannot open database “ELearning2” requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user ‘AKELAOLTPUser’.

I’ve also noticed that error when I try to use the Training Validation tool. I didn’t know whether it was just broken for me. I wonder if it’s broken for everyone.

I’m having the same problem. I had to ask a den leader to send me a pdf of her training, because she showed up untrained on a report the district provided, and I cannot see whether she did the training under another BSA ID number.

REPORTED: Bug report: HD-226537 - “my.Scouting Training Validation failing”

Description

Received following error when trying to validate training using my.Scouiting userid to search with Training Validation tool

Error occurred using second login in same browser session. (with first login timed out.).

Server Error in ‘/TrainingValidation’ Application.
Cannot open database “ELearning2” requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user ‘AKELAOLTPUser’.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.

RESOLVED: Bug report: HD-226537 - “my.Scouting Training Validation failing”

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:08:21 -0500 (CDT)

The problem with Training Validation is resolved. Please try again.

1 Like

Woot! It is working again!

Legacy Tool Training Validation not working again today.

Single Sign On and Training Validation used to not play well together. I suggest logging out of My.Scouting, then log back in without using SSO. It might help.

I have reported the issue with the Training Validation tool to the developers.

3 Likes

Because the BSA has renamed the location for the Training Validation tool, can the title of this thread be renamed to BSA Web Links Training Validation not working?

Or shorten it to Training Validation tool not working?

What is the new name for the Training Validation tool, and where can I find it? I’m on my Council Shooting Sports committee, and I have hundreds of instructors and MBCs to verify YPT dates on.

On my.scouting.org, look under bsa web links.

Training Validation doesn’t work for me either. Ever time I select it, I get bounced back to the My.scouting opening screen. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

The historic tools do not work if you use the single sign-on from Google or Apple. Just log in normally and they will work.

I log in to the BSA website by going to my.scouting.org, enter my account name and password and press return. I don’t use any other ways to access the site.

I too have had training validation down/inoperative since at least Friday, October 31.

2 Likes

Go to my.scouting.org
Menu
BSA Web Links
Training Validation

Yes, as soon as I click on the Training Validation (what you have circled) I get this:

and then it takes me right back to this opening screen

1 Like

Yep. That is what we are all getting at this point.

Hello. Thank you for posting. I too am getting nowhere for the past several days when trying to access this Tool in my.scouting.org. Frustrating, especially since I need to verify training for Adults that are not yet registered with our Units during this Recharter period and for upcoming campouts/events, since they are not yet on our Unit Rosters (MB Counselors, transfers, etc.).

3 Likes