Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Liability insurance

As a new-ish Skipper I have a question about liability insurance.

I have an organization, and a private citizen that both have sailboats they are willing to our Ship use. For the organization, we will be sailing ourselves but for the private citizen he will always be with us on his boat.

Should our Ship or our Council have liability insurance for both of these scenarios?

It is covered in the G2SS. You will have to look it up. After that, I suggest talking to your council and getting what they say in writing. If they don’t give it to you in writing, write what they tell you down and send it to them as a summary saying “I’m glad we talked, this is what I understand you are telling me…”

1 Like

Thank you Matt, this is very helpful. I found documents on Guide to Safe Scouting as you suggested and have written to my council!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.