Limit on responses

I haven’t been on the forum in a long time until yesterday. My question is why is it limiting my number of replies on a thread? I can’t respond to the group thread on trying to trouble shoot an issue. It is telling me that I have to wait 19 hours. I’m not sure if this is the correct place to ask this either, but I thought I would give it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @DawnSelly,

I think that Discourse has a limit on folks who recently joined forums in general (not unique to the BSA forums) to prevent spammers from creating a new account and flooding any given topic. I’m not 100% sure what the rules are, to be honest. I would google “discourse trust levels”. There’s a wiki that should come up that I believe addresses it.

ETA: This is what I see when I look at your Discourse profile:

so you probably got tangled in the net intended for spammers, since it sees your Discourse account as being very new. Not aware of any way to get around it except time.

1 Like

Sorry. I think you caught us at a time when a lot of the SUAC are traveling or camping. I don’t have access to help you with this, nor do I know for sure if others can. But I’ve sent a note to this who could if anyone can.

Of course, your 19 hours may be up by then.

1 Like

See “Understanding Discourse trust levels” at the Discourse website for details.

1 Like

I’ve been told that @DawnSelly trust level has been bumped up manually to essentially bypass the waiting period. The admins are looking into whether the threshold can be changed going forward.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

By default, Discourse limits the number of posts per day for users who do not have a history of posting. I have changed the configuration so users are more quickly moved to a higher trust level.