Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Medal of Merit

I cannot find where to add the Medal of Merit to a Scouts awards. We had a Scout who recently earned the Medal of Merit and I want to add it to her Dcoutbook profile. Thanks for your help.

I believe that the various “heroism” awards need to be added directly by National/Council

Only Councils or National can add that

1 Like

The honor medal and honor medal with crossed palms are available to add in Scoutbook.

they can be added but not approved - only way to get it on the record is by council/national entering it in ScoutNET

I will note that neither the Heroism award nor the Medal/Certificate of Merit are available to add (as opposed to approve) in Scoutbook. I had assumed that this was intentional, and that the presence of the Honor Medal and Honor Medal with Crossed Palms was a residual from pre-BSA times.

Is adding the other two awards to the unit-level UI in the backlog?

Reference: https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/10.15.19_Lifesaving-Award-applicationdFINAL.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.19.19 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.21.45 PM

It is there just hidden - - as stated before National/Council has to enter it

So hiding the two existing ones should be in the backlog?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.