BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Meeting Plans and the Den Leader Guide

So, I am working on planning the Wolf Adventure “Call of the Wild”. I had been working out of the 2018 Wolf Leader Guide, which also happens to be the same one that is available on the Den Leader Experience. I decided to take a closer look at the DLE meeting plans to try and give them a chance. One of the things I noticed is that the meeting plans aren’t consistent between these two resources.

I’d recommend that whoever is developing these two resources work to make them compliment each other. Even if you provide different activities, the meetings should cover the same requirements.

For example:
DLE Meeting 1: Requirements 2, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5
Guidebook Meeting 1: Requirements 3A, 3B, 6
DLE Meeting 2: Requirements 1, 3C
Guidebook Meeting 2: 2, 4, 5
DLE Meeting 3: There isn’t a third meeting.
Guidebook Meeting 3 (Den Outing): 1, 3C, 6

1 Like

Michael, thank you for the feedback! I will pass this on to our program folks.

@MichaelaMonson In reviewing this more, when looking at the Planned Advancement section of the events in Scoutbook, the requirements there don’t match the requirements from DLE despite being created by DLE.

Scoutbook Meeting 1: Requirements 2, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B
Scoutbook Meeting 2: Requirements 1A, 3C

One of the big needs for consistency is so that I can plan the meeting using DLE, but head to the meeting with a hardcopy meeting plan, and the best place for that to come from is the Guidebook. Another item that would be nice is to be able to print the meeting plan to bring into the field.

It would also be nice if the DLE listed which requirement the different agenda items covered. The guidebook provides the activity, and then next to it, it lists which requirement was just completed.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.