Merging Two Scoutbook Accounts - NOT BSA Accounts

She’s got it working now. Thanks!

@DonovanMcNeil since YPT must be taken before registration, every new leader comes in with an existing MID. It sounds like the registrar is doing something wrong.

1 Like

@DonovanMcNeil, sorry I didn’t reply in time before the last thread closed. Thanks for merging the accounts. Everything looked good except the Birthdays were all messed up (as you mentioned/noticed) not sure what happened there, I never caught that.

I thought I could edit birthday’s previously on their accounts because I am their parent, but it doesn’t seem to allow me to do that any longer.
BSA ID 137245171 should be 5 Jan 2014
BSA ID 137245172 should be 17 Aug 2011

Thanks.

@PhillipWagenbach talk to council about fixing the DOB in AKELA to solve the issue

Hi Donovan,
Is it possible for you to correct an email address?

BSA Member #:13407029
UserID: 10262786

His email address is
Thank you
Lila

@LilaAylstock this is resolved

Hi! Our new Council processed my son’s transfer (from another state/council) with a typo in his name. Now we have a new BSA ID, new Scoutbook listing with zero records, and the Council doesn’t know how to merge the two. They said they got his name fixed, and have to check with National about the rest. Any chance we could just get this taken care of here and merge the old into the new?

new Council SB user ID 11888708 (no records)

former Council SB user ID 1011076 (all the records)

update: New Council tells me that they can’t even locate him in Scoutbook using the former BSA ID and Scoutbook IDs.

@ChrisPierce1 Well was not fixed yet but it is now - I merged to old User ID but applied the new (Georgia) MID - you are set

1 Like

That is fantastic. I already see it. Thanks a million!

That is a limitation the Council tool has - IF there is no membership in the council for Scoutbook - AND (if I recall right) if the MID is outside the councils MID Range - they cannot see or interact with that account. So even if the MID is a councils, if there is no Scoutbook membership for council there is nothing they can do

1 Like

I think we may be having this issue or something like it with my son as well. He keeps getting dropped from his troop and this message shows up “ DateEnded by SP ExpireInvalidYouthUPsCreatedinSB after 60 Day Lapse”. His BSA # is 132902961

@MariannaRoss, it sounds like your son is not officially registered with the unit, or perhaps had a new account with a different BSA ID created for some reason. We get a similar message when the transfer application for a scout we transferred in from another unit has not been processed by council in the 60-day window after the transfer. I would start by checking with one of your unit Key 3 (Scoutmaster, Committee Chair or Chartered Org Rep) whether or not your son is on the official troop roster at my.scouting.org, and if so whether or not his BSA ID on the official roster matches the one that you have.

@MariannaRoss you are now in Far East Council? if so I can clean up Scoutbook for you as your Son has a new BSA# because you changed Councils

Yes, we are in Far East in Troop 81

@MariannaRoss OK this is fixed with his new BSA #

Hi Donovan,

You seem to be the only one helping out with the merging of accounts so I am bringing my two accounts to see if you can help me please.

Adult User ID: 11569297 (Correct) & Older account I cannot access
BSA Member #: 13664472

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

@MichellePurvis Your Scoutbook accounts have been merged.

Thank you Jennifer, but now I cannot see my Tigers or my own kids. I’ll grab my husband and see if he can figure out what I did wrong.

We just got two scouts who dropped out after a year.
The council re-registered them under new BSA ID numbers.
Now mom has two scoutbook accounts but only one BSA ID.
BSA ID 12814909 and Scoutbook ID 10864762 = cannot get her to connect because we cannot add an email address to her profile. Her old profile only has the scoutbook ID. Second profile: Scoutbook ID 11879737 But it has her email address so she can connect to her scouts.

@MichellePurvis You should be logging in with your my.scouting username, not your email address.