Merging Two Scoutbook Accounts - NOT BSA Accounts

it is the same solution for any SB accounts that need to be merged

So I send you the BSA#'s? Does that also merge the BSA#'s in my.scouting.org? - Roy

Councils can Merge BSA# (we cannot) - we can fix Scoutbook Users and merge them

Users can also log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY - this kind of merges BSA #s , but not really

Ok, the council registrar tells us to do that to merge the BSA#'s but so far every leader that has tried has gotten some error. I’m going to try and get on a zoom with one of them, see what they are doing and maybe I can figure it out. Some of them at least must all be doing something wrong. I’ll collect the adult BSA#'s that need merging in Scoutbook and send them to you. Thanks again! - Roy

the smallest difference in name or DOB will make it fail

1 Like

Looks like some of them have resolved themselves or may the leaders were successful merging BSA# on my.scouting.org and that eventually filters down to Scoutbook? Not sure. Anyway here are the 2 I found that should be merged in Scoutbook (Capitol Area Council):

Leader #1
Leader Account - 13536250 (invalid email)
Parent Account - 13500582 (real email)

Leader #2
Leader Account - 12959074 (this one has the email he is using with me)
Parent Account - 13142688

Thanks! really appreciate this help!
Roy

Hi Donovan. I see you have helped some others out with Scoutbook and my.scouting. My wife is having issues that we thought Council fixed, but it’s recently become an issue again and haven’t been able to find anyone to assist. She currently can’t get in to her my.scouting account, it just spins and won’t continue login, do you know why?
Secondly, in Scoutbook, she has 3 with her name there now. One has a linked BSA number to it, the other 2 have UserID and no BSA numbers. She needs the one for other leaders in the Pack be able to grant her Leader access and it not create a new UserID, but add it to her current one with the Pack.
Lastly, she has 2 BSA IDs. One is her primary she uses for everything and she re-did her YPT 2 months ago, now the other one is stating her YPT is expired (I think this is the one council is using). Council told us they fixed this a while ago but it’s recently become a problem again. Any way to get it all under one BSA ID (the one she currently uses for everything and has YPT training current with?)

@RoyStiles Leader #1 Names do not match
Leader #2 is NOT a registered leader so they need to register first

@JamesKappel you can post BSA#s or UserIDs (say what it is) and we can take a look

@DonovanMcNeil Great, thank you!

BSA ID (136411591 - one we use in Scoutbook and would like to keep as YPT is also up to date)
BSA ID (13361363 - one that is not correct, cannot access and YPT is not up to date)

The first BSA ID has a username that she cannot not access in my.scouting as it just keeps spinning, will you fixing these fix that or is there another issue on why it just keeps spinning and she can’t get in but I can so I know it’s not BSA’s website.

2 other USERID in Scoutbook that are bad are 11886981 and 11945474
Valid USERID in Scoutbook is 10143577 which is attached to BSA ID 136411591

@RoyStiles I was able to find your leader 1. I have merged his Scoutbook accounts. He needs to log in with his my.scouting username – not his e-mail.

@JamesKappel all are cleaned up - on my.scouting.org login try in incognito window

Ok thanks, Jennifer. Do we know what his login is? Or should he say he forgot it and get it? Can he use his BSA# to login? and/or does he supply that to find his login?

Ok, thanks I thought he was a current leader on one of those BSA numbers. I did send in transfer application for him. I guess they figure that out and charge us. I may come back with a third BSA# :-). Thanks again. -Roy

@DonovanMcNeil Great, thank you! We trying incognito and have re-set the password and it still just keeps spinning stating “loading scripts”, but mine will log right in. Is there an issue with the username now?

@RoyStiles Is leader 2 a Tiger Adult Partner with the pack? Lion and Tiger Adult Partners are not considered leaders by the BSA.

@DonovanMcNeil When she tries the forgot username. Her member ID nor email is popping up and it’s stating nothing is registered with Council, yet when she does forgot password, it sent straight to her email.

@JamesKappel you can have council reset the password to see if that solves it - we cannot do that

@DonovanMcNeil Ok, thank you. I appreciate you fixing all of the other issues!

Could be if it is Pack 4, but it is the boys older sister that is in our Troop. If he is not a leader he will be because I just sent in the application for that. I’ll wait until that processes and see how many Scoutbook accounts I have. Right there are 2 (non leader accounts I guess). Thanks, Roy