Merging Two Scoutbook Accounts - NOT BSA Accounts

Jeffrey,

Before we can merge these accounts, we need the DOB clarified. The old BSA number has the Scout born in May while the account in your council is June. This is why the system did not find the Scout and instead created a 2nd Scoutbook account.

If June is correct, you do not need to do anything other than telling us, but if May is correct, your registrar needs to correct the DOB in ScoutNET first.

It was the May 30 date. I will work with the council to update the date.

@KatherineDougherty
#1 - talk to council to fix both the spelling and merging the BSA #s
#2 - this is fixed he needs to use his my.scouting login - which he has been doing

@DonovanMcNeil We have 2 more crossover parents, with same situation as #2. When they submitted Adult applications with our Troop, and Council Registrar created a new MID for them. They’re showing up in Scoutbook twice, in the Leader roster with their new MID, but then listed as a parent, connected to their son with the their original MID. I’ve worked with Council to fix the duplicate MID’s issue, but SB issue remains.

1. Leader MID: 136432645 / SB userid: 10283035 & Parent MID 13370033 / SB userid: 9935756
  2. Leader MID: 135708424 / SB userid: 11356810 & Parent MID 13342689 / SB userid: 10104109

@KatherineDougherty I think both are fixed

I’m having the exact same issue as Joanna Hayes. I was my son’s den leader, and now he’s crossed into Scouts BSA. His account with all of his Cub awards, including AOL, is empty, and he was using that to access the Scoutbook app to enter his rank requirements for ScoutsBSA. Now there is another account, and that is the only one visible to the troop and to me. Please help!

@JamesReed1 Cub awards other than AOL are only visible when a cub - to get a record of them go to Scouts Profile and run Cub Scout History report - if you still think there is an issue post your son’s BSA Number

@JamesReed1 not sure what your Council did - but your Son has 2 BSA #s - 133038781 (registered) - 13774168 (not registered) - you need to talk to Council on cleaning it up

I cleaned Scout up in SB for you

Thank you so much! This worked. I’ve use myscouting.org to merge his scout numbers. The troop (and myself) have been working on this for weeks, and the council is either unwilling or unable to help.

I was able to resolve the issue on the birthday by working with the council to merge the accounts. In the process we found out both BSA numbers were from Greater Wyoming. Is it possible to clean up his accounts and not lose his records in the 130578809 account. That has his path to Eagle and his leadership roles.

Just refreshing the request to merge accounts in Scoutbook.

@JeffreyWeber1 this is done

Thanks. Right now it looks like there are duplicates in the system. He is listed twice with the exact same records. One in a patrol and one not in a patrol. Both appear to have the same bsa and Scoutbook record.

I fixed that for you

Hello,

New-ish Pack (and leader here, too) in the high turnover Transatlantic Council. Pack was recently re-chartered plus had Key 3 turnover. As Scouts transferred in, we got some duplicate account situations for both kid(s) and an adult parent/volunteer

The newer kids’ accounts have a few recently completed req’s we’d like transferred or merged into the older, good quality accounts. Is it possible to merge?

Three Youth accounts:

Old, quality account; want to keep
Member ID: 135422059 User ID: 11806468
Recent, temporary; want to merge Bear requirements into the above
Member ID:137256143 User ID: 11806468 (same user ID)

I have a hunch we’re also missing previous old, quality accounts for this Scout:
Recent, temporary Member ID 137256142 User ID 11806467

and this other Scout:

Recent temporary Member ID 137256140 User ID 11806465

But I don’t have former Member IDs on the latter two Scouts.

Adult account:

New, registered parent/volunteer on the Pack Roster, but listed as “Pending” since I can’t send an email invite, due him having a previous account holding that same email
Member ID 137256141; User ID 11806466
Same person’s previous parent account, which has the same email as the above
Member ID 12851389; User ID 2621316

Anything I need to do to facilitate these two merges? Thank you for your help, we have a lot of new folks so were trying to learn what we can!

@GeorgeYacus - There is no such thing as a Temporary MID

your first Scout is not registered in TAC that needs to be solved first

Second & third Scout is fixed

Adult is fixed and can log in with their email

Thank you very much!

For clarification:

Member ID:137256143 User ID: 11806468 ← This account holds the registration in our Pack at TAC, as well as recent Bear scout advancements, and is the same Scout as…
Member ID: 135422059 User ID: 11806468 <–But this account has all of his previous advancement achievements which we’d like to bring in somehow. I’m not sure how to merge the two, unfortunately

Also, for us to prevent this from happening next year, any advice? (I didn’t get to take part in the recent re-charter and registrations, so I’m not sure where the hiccups occurred nor how to prevent them.)

137256143 has NO Registrations - do not look at scoutbook for this - look at my.scouting.org > Roster (A Key 3 needs to) - you will see there that this scout is NOT Registered in TAC

2 Likes

Member ID 137256143 now reflects TAC registration on the roster. Respectfully request data merged with 135422059.

@GeorgeYacus this is done