Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Merit Badge completion dates show date entered not actual date earned causing me not to be able to add Rank Advancement

I have a transfer scout (disbanded LDS Troop) that the SM did not update the Scouts MB’s earned nor his SM Conf or BOR. I entered his MB’s with the correct date of completion but it shows today is the date and then won’t let me enter his rank advancement because it says Req #3 was completed after BOR date.
how can I get this Scout his Rank advancement entered so we can get it awarded and recorded correctly?

Can you post a screenshot of what’s showing for the rank (without the scout’s name)? It kinda sounds like the Date Completed got replaced with “Today” instead of “Save”.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 3.05.43 PM

Think you are looking at Audit data - In Green in image

The Date of record is Blue Text circled in Red in image

That was what I thought at first, too. However, @RebeccaBenjamin1 is indicating that she’s unable to mark Req 3 complete due to a date issue, which shouldn’t trigger based on the audit data.

@RebeccaBenjamin1 - i can setup a screenshare to figure it out if you want

@RebeccaBenjamin1 When you click on requirement 3, are you able to change the date to the date of the most recently completed merit badge?

Brilliant! Thank you! I did not realize you can click on the blue check mark in the “Req #3” I did that and it did have a weird date in Feb 2020 so I changed it like you said to the date of the last MB completion date and it then let me approve his life rank. :slight_smile:

It’s been solved Jennifer Olinger had the answer. Thanks for your help!

All taken care of- Jennifer Olinger had the answer. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.